The federal Community Development Block Grant Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) program provides assistance to Nebraska communities recovering from Winter Storm Ulmer (DR-4420). To help mitigate damages from flooding and other weather-related incidents in 2019, Federal monies have been allocated to be administered throughout some of the hardest hit areas in Nebraska.
Working with various funding sources, including federal programs, the Nebraska Department of Economic Development will be awarding communities to assist their disaster recovery efforts. Long-term monitoring of the awards helps ensure communities use funding to make the most impact.
For more information regarding CDBG-DR, please continue to follow the website for updates.
On July 31, 2020, the Department submitted the State of Nebraska DR-4420 Action Plan to HUD for approval. A copy of this plan is available below.
- FEMA Nebraska Disaster Declaration 4420-DR, https://www.fema.gov/disaster/4420
- Nebraska Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), https://nema.nebraska.gov/
- HUD Community Development Block Grant Disaster Recovery Program (CDBG-DR), https://hudexchange.info/programs/cdbg-dr
- HUD Exchange, CDBG vs CDBG-DR: A Comparison, https://files.hudexchange.info/resources/documents/CDBG-and-CDBG-DR-Comparison.pdf
- HUD Exchange, CDBG-DR covid-19 FAQs, https://www.hudexchange.info/resource/6006/cdbg-dr-covid-19-faqs/