The program, through a private partner, can invest up to $500,000 in a Nebraska business for commercialization of a product or process. Think of it this way—our investment acts much like an angel investment for companies at the seed stage of the financing continuum.
How It Works
- Seed-stage investments can be up to $500,000 per project.
- Must be for the commercialization of a prototype or process from a business or individual operating in Nebraska.
- A business plan stating potential sales and profit projections for the product or process must be submitted.
- Applicants must provide matching funds equal to 100% of the amount of the investment.
- DED will contract with a Nebraska-based non-profit to have that organization make investments, and administer and manage the investment process.
Are You Eligible?
Eligible applicants include high-growth, early-stage companies with potential to raise private capital that are developing and commercializing a technology, product, process, or service.
- Corporation, Limited Liability Company, partnership, registered limited partnership, sole proprietorship, business trust, or other eligible entity engaged in non-retail primary industries that are adding value to products or processes in Nebraska.
- Must have 500 or fewer employees.
- Operating within Nebraska.
- Matching requirements: 1:1.
- 4:1 for value-added agriculture projects.
Applications are accepted January 1 through December 31 each calendar year or until all funds are exhausted for that year.
For more information on the Seed Investment Program:
Business Innovation Consultant