Seed Investment funding for the 2019-2020 fiscal year has been exhausted and applications are no longer being accepted. To be notified in Spring 2020 when applications are opened, please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The program, through a private partner, can invest up to $500,000 in a Nebraska business for commercialization of a product or process. Think of it this way—our investment acts much like an angel investment for companies at the seed stage of the financing continuum.
How It Works
- Seed-stage investments can be up to $500,000 per project.
- Must be for the commercialization of a prototype or process from a business or individual operating in Nebraska.
- A business plan stating potential sales and profit projections for the product or process must be submitted.
- Applicants must provide matching funds equal to 100% of the amount of the investment.
- DED will contract with a Nebraska-based non-profit to have that organization make investments, and administer and manage the investment process.
Are You Eligible?
Eligible applicants include high-growth, early-stage companies with potential to raise private capital that are developing and commercializing a technology, product, process, or service.
- Corporation, Limited Liability Company, partnership, registered limited partnership, sole proprietorship, business trust, or other eligible entity engaged in non-retail primary industries that are adding value to products or processes in Nebraska.
- Must have 500 or fewer employees.
- Operating within Nebraska.
- Matching requirements: 1:1.
- 4:1 for value-added agriculture projects.
Applications are accepted on a fiscal year basis from July 1st through June 30th or until funds are exhausted.
For more information on the Seed Investment Program:
Business Innovation Consultant