Customized Job Training
We want to ensure Nebraska’s workforce is prepared to meet the challenges of tomorrow. The Customized Job Training (CJT) grant program provides assistance for employee training to businesses that create or retain quality jobs in Nebraska.
CJT Prioritizes Training Projects that:
- Result in increased investment and employment in Nebraska.
- Provide a significant incentive for new jobs or investments to be undertaken in Nebraska rather than a different state.
- Involve retraining of existing workers to upgrade their skills as a result of investment in new capital.
Is my Business Eligible?
All Nebraska for-profit businesses who sell products and/or services to markets outside of the state are eligible for CJT grants. This could include, but is not limited to, manufacturing, processing, warehousing, distribution, and headquarters operations. Retail businesses selling goods and services to a mostly local market would not be eligible.
What Training Activities are Eligible?
Training eligible for CJT grants include:
- On-the-job training
- Classroom training, onsite or at a local community college
- Tuition & fees
- Training manuals
- Other reasonable costs
Additionally, eligible training must:
- Be used only for full-time, permanent, in-state employees who are not involved in administrative support, management, or facility maintenance.
- Have both a start and end date; CJT is not intended to support ongoing programs.
- Be provided after the grant is awarded. CJT is not for training that has been completed or is currently in progress.
- Have related capital investment that can be demonstrated in the CJT application.
How do I Apply?
An eligible business must first receive an ‘Invitation to Apply’ by our Department. The business must then complete and submit an application prior to hiring and incurring costs. The application will be provided by the Department. The Department will not reimburse the business for any employee hired or costs incurred prior to the Notice of Award/Contract Start Date.
To be considered, please contact the CJT grant coordinator.
Have questions about the CJT program?
Customized Job Training Program Coordinator