Microenterprise Assistance Program
The purpose of the microenterprise assistance program is to encourage and support the transfer of Nebraska-based technology and innovation in rural and urban areas of Nebraska in order to create high-growth, high technology businesses and to enhance the creation of wealth and quality jobs. Eligible applicants include Internal Revenue Service (IRS) designated 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations located within the State of Nebraska. Such applicants must demonstrate statewide coverage of services.
FY 2022-2023 Microenterprise Lending Program
Application Period: Open Cycle
Micro-Lending Program – Up to $1,477,000* awarded annually (in Fall) for next calendar year to provide business micro lending in distressed areas
Micro-Technical Assistance Program – Up to $1,477,000* per year awarded in bi-annual contract (two-year agreement) to provide technical assistance in rural and urban distressed areas of Nebraska
*Program budget subject to change per legislative approval
Current Contracted Providers:
- Catholic Charities — provides technical assistance, business training, and financing through micro-lending.
- Community Development Resources (CDR) — provides capital, technical assistance, and training opportunities for small businesses in the State of Nebraska.
- Grow Nebraska – provides business training, technical assistance, promotion, and marketing opportunities.
- Nebraska Enterprise Fund – provides training and mentoring, direct micro-lending, and loan guarantees.
- Northeast Nebraska Economic Development District—provides business loans.
- Center for Rural Affairs (CFRA) – provides technical assistance, business training, and financing through micro-lending.
- Lending Link – provides small business loans through micro-lending.
- McCook Economic Development Corporation – provides small business loans through micro-lending.
Grant Management Resources
This page will provide technical assistance on using AmpliFund to apply for and manage grants awarded by DED.
For more information on the Microenterprise Assistance Program:
Small Business Assistance Consultant
Bradley.Kulwicki@nebraska.gov | 402-480-9380