Microenterprise Assistance Program
The purpose of the microenterprise assistance program is to encourage and support the transfer of Nebraska-based technology and innovation in rural and urban areas of Nebraska in order to create high-growth, high technology businesses and to enhance the creation of wealth and quality jobs. Eligible applicants include Internal Revenue Service (IRS) designated 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations located within the State of Nebraska. Such applicants must demonstrate statewide coverage of services.
FY 2022-2023 Microenterprise Lending Program
Application Period: Open Cycle
Micro-lending Application Cycle 1: Up to $500,000 will be awarded in Cycle 1.
Micro-lending Application Cycle 2: Up to $1,000,000 (less Cycle 1 award amount) will be awarded in Cycle 2.
Current Contracted Providers:
- Catholic Charities — provides technical assistance, business training, and financing through micro-lending.
- Community Development Resources (CDR) — provides capital, technical assistance, and training opportunities for small businesses in the State of Nebraska.
- Grow Nebraska – provides business training, technical assistance, promotion, and marketing opportunities.
- Nebraska Enterprise Fund – provides training and mentoring, direct micro-lending, and loan guarantees.
- Northeast Nebraska Economic Development District—provides business loans.
- Center for Rural Affairs (CFRA) – provides technical assistance, business training, and financing through micro-lending.
Grant Management Resources
This page will provide technical assistance on using AmpliFund to apply for and manage grants awarded by DED.