Showcase Community Award Nomination
The Nebraska Department of Economic Development is accepting nominations for the 2022 Showcase Community Award. The award will be presented virtually via social media during National Community Development Week.
The Showcase Community Award recognizes communities that have demonstrated an outstanding ability to identify community development goals and strategies; combine local, state, and federal resources to achieve those goals; and accomplish major projects with positive impacts in the community. Communities are recognized for their achievements completed within the past five years, with major emphasis on the community’s ability to access and effectively harness funds from the Community Development Block Grant program, the HOME Investment Partnerships program, and others.
All Nebraska communities are eligible for nomination, with the exception of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development identified entitlement communities (Lincoln, Omaha, Bellevue, Grand Island) and award winners from the previous five years (North Platte, Beatrice, Central City, Red Cloud, and Hastings).
This year, submissions will be accepted via ShareFile. Please click the “Nominate Your Community Today!” button below to submit a nomination.
Deadline for submissions is Friday, March 11, 2022.
Nominations should follow the below format to address the following components:
Describe how community leaders and residents have come together during the past five years to identify community development goals and build the necessary implementation strategies. Your description should include, but is not limited to, a discussion about:
- Cooperation and collaboration among leaders and residents
- Approaches undertaken to identify goals (e.g., community surveys, meetings, etc.)
- Collaboration and partnerships involving the community, local/regional organizations and/or businesses
Provide the goals identified by partnerships between the community, local/regional organizations and/or businesses.
Describe the outcome of the community strategic planning process as identified in Parts 1 and 2 above. Your description should address or include the following, as appropriate:
- Movement from goal-setting to plan development, implementation and project completion Inclusion of community members throughout all stages of development efforts
- Overall impact of collaborative planning and partnerships
- Benefits of project(s) to the community at large
- Photographs of community project(s)
- All accomplishments including community honors, completed projects and recognition ceremonies
Identify and describe the local, state and federal resources mobilized by the community to achieve development goals as described above. Your description should include, but is not limited to, information about:
- Use of publicly available funds and private funds, including other grants
- Use of creative funding options and a broad range of resources
- Funding option identification
- Steps taken to develop different funding sources
Please submit up to eight pieces of supporting documentation, such as newspaper articles and photographs to visually show the success of completed projects.
Have questions about the Showcase Community Award?
Community Development Week Coordinator
email@example.com | 402-471-3369