Showcase Community Award Nomination
The Nebraska Department of Economic Development is accepting nominations for the 2024 Showcase Community Award. The award will be presented during National Community Development Week (April 1-5, 2024).
The Showcase Community Award recognizes communities that have demonstrated an ability to work with other local resources to identify community development goals; combine local, state and federal resources to achieve those goals and accomplish impactful projects in their communities. Communities are recognized for achievements completed within the past five years, with major emphasis on the community’s ability to access and utilize funds from the Community Development Block Grant program, the HOME Investment Partnerships program and others.
All Nebraska communities are eligible for nomination, with the exception of the U.S Department of Housing and Urban Development entitlement communities (Lincoln, Omaha, Bellevue, Grand Island) and award winners from the previous five years (Wood River, Plainview, North Platte, Beatrice, Central City).
To nominate a community, create a narrative using the outline below and submit information/pictures via the “Nominate Your Community!” button.
The deadline for submissions is Friday, March 1, 2024.
Nominations should follow the below format to address the following components:
Describe how community leaders and residents have come together during the past five years to identify goals and the strategies used to achieve these goals. Your description should include discussion about:
- Cooperation of community leaders and residents
- How goals were identified (e.g., community surveys, meetings, etc.)
- Partnerships between community members and local/regional organizations/ businesses
Provide the goals identified by partnerships between the community, local/regional organizations and/or businesses.
Describe the outcome of the community strategic planning process as identified in Parts 1 and 2 above. Your description should address or include the following, as appropriate:
- Discussion of community members and their involvement/support throughout all stages of the project
- The impact of the teams/alliances your community formed to achieve its goals.
- The benefit/impact of this project to your community
- Photographs of community project(s)
- All accomplishments including community honors received, completed projects and recognition ceremonies
Identify all local, state and federal resources contributing to the success your project(s). If applicable, your description should include:
- Use of publicly available funds and private funds, including other grants
- Steps taken to identify and develop different funding sources.
- Use of creative funding options
Please submit up to eight pieces of supporting documentation, such as newspaper articles and photographs to visually show the success of completed projects.
Have questions about the Showcase Community Award?
Community Development Week Coordinator
firstname.lastname@example.org | 402-310-9772