Public Hearing on the Proposed 2019 Annual Action Plan Substantial Amendment & Citizen Participation Plan
The State of Nebraska will hold a public comment period and host a virtual public hearing to discuss substantial amendments to its 2019 Annual Action Plan and Citizen Participation Plan. These amendments are being proposed in order to incorporate funding from the federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act; specifically, the funding falls under the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD) Community Development Block Grant Coronavirus Response (CDBG-CV) and Emergency Solutions Grant Coronavirus Response (ESG-CV) programs.
- CDBG-CV: HUD has allocated $14,130,912 for CDBG-CV under the CARES Act. The Nebraska Department of Economic Development (DED) is responsible for administering CDBG-CV funds on behalf of the State. The purpose of the amendment under discussion is to incorporate clarification from the Federal Register, and to include a new method of distribution known as Coronavirus Related Emergency Payments. Updates from the previous version have been highlighted.
- ESG-CV: This substantial amendment also notifies the public on the manner in which $8,170,364 in ESG-CV funding was awarded to subrecipients; this complies with CPD Notice 20-08: Waivers and Alternative Requirements for the ESG Program Under the CARES Act.
Refer to the draft 2019 Annual Action Plan Substantial Amendment – Proposed October 2020 to review this information; this document can be found at https://opportunity.nebraska.gov/reports starting October 16. Both amendments will be available electronically for review and public comment from October 19, 2020, through October 23, 2020.
The State will host a virtual public hearing to discuss these amendments on:
- Date: Wednesday, October 21, 2020
- Time: 2:00 p.m. CDT/1:00 p.m. MDT
If you have any questions or require sensory accommodations, including interpreter services, Braille, large print or recorded materials, please contact Rebecca Schademann at 402-471-3172 or email@example.com.
Environmental Review: Floodplain Management
The Nebraska Department of Economic Development is partnering with Nebraska Department of Natural Resources to provide web-based training on Floodplain Management. Join us to learn more about floodplain identification/determination, floodplain administrators, flood insurance, and maps. This training is beneficial to those grantees overseeing projects funded with CDBG, HOME, HTF, and NAHTF. The training is no cost, and will be recorded for individuals unable to attend.
Date to be announced.
If you have any questions please contact Alison Kumbier at (402) 471-3775 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Limited English Proficiency (LEP) Access Requirement Self-Training Presentation
The Nebraska Department of Economic Development released Policy Guidance regarding Limited English Proficiency Access Requirements along with a Four Factor Analysis and Language Access Plan template. These requirements apply to any political subdivision of the State of Nebraska, or an eligible nonprofit organization, to whom Federal financial assistance is extended.
A self-training presentation regarding Limited English Proficiency Access requirements is available.
If you complete the self-training presentation, submit the following Feedback Forms.
- Limited English Proficiency (LEP) Access Requirement Self-Training Presentation
- LEP Presentation Feedback DOC, DOCX, or PDF
If you have any questions please contact Rebecca Schademann at (402) 471-3172 or by email at email@example.com.