The Nebraska Department of Economic Development (DED) will conduct a public comment period, which includes public hearings on the Proposed 2018 Annual Action Plan and Appendix. The plan concerns the distribution of approximately $16.8 million in Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds, $4.2 million in HOME Investment Partnerships Program funds, $7.8 million in National Housing Trust Funds (HTF), $940,000 in Emergency Solutions Grant Program (ESG) funds, and $480,000 in Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA) funds from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). This is in addition to approximately $3.6 million in Homeless Shelter Assistance Trust Fund (HSATF) funds, and $11.2 million in Nebraska Affordable Housing Trust Fund (NAHTF) resources as referenced.
The Proposed 2018 Annual Action Plan and Appendix describes program funding, national and state objectives, application schedules, eligible activities, and selection criteria for projects. Copies of the Proposed 2018 Annual Action Plan and Appendix will be available electronically at the listed libraries below, and at the public hearing sites for review during the dates noted below. Copies can be requested by contacting Lori Cole, Office Manager, at (800)-426-6505, or 402-471-3746, or email@example.com.
The public comment period is open April 3, 2018, through May 4, 2018, at 11:59 p.m. Central Time.
Public Hearings will be held as follows:
Tuesday, April 3, 2018:
- Lincoln (10 a.m. CT): Nebraska State Office Building, Lower Level B, 301 Centennial Mall South, Lincoln, NE
- Kearney (10 a.m. CT): Vocational Rehabilitation Services, 315 W. 60th St. Suite 400, Kearney, NE
- Norfolk (10 a.m. CT): Norfolk Public Library, Children’s Room, 308 W. Prospect Ave., Norfolk, NE
- Scottsbluff (10 a.m. MT): Nebraska Department of Labor, 505A Broadway Suite 300, Scottsbluff, NE
- Website Streaming (10 a.m. CT/ 9 a.m. MT): To access: https://opportunity.nebraska.gov/events.
Beginning March 26, 2018 an electronic copy of the Proposed 2018 Annual Action Plan and Appendix will be available on the Department’s website, https://opportunity.nebraska.gov/AAP. On March 29, 2018, a printed copy for review of the Proposed 2018 Annual Action Plan and Appendix will also be available at the following locations:
- Alliance Public Library, 1750 Sweetwater St., Alliance, NE
- Auburn Memorial Library, 1810 Courthouse Ave., Auburn NE
- Bennett Martin Public Library, 136 S. 14th St., Lincoln, NE
- Central City Public Library, 1604 15th Ave., Central City, NE
- Chadron Public Library, 507 Bordeaux St., Chadron, NE
- Garfield County Library, 217 G St., Burwell, NE
- Goodall City Library, 203 W. “A” St., Ogallala, NE
- Jensen Memorial Library, 443 N. Kearney Ave., Minden, NE
- Lexington Public Library, 907 N. Washington St., Lexington, NE
- Lied Scottsbluff Public Library, 1809 3rd Ave., Scottsbluff, NE
- McCook Public Library, 802 Norris Ave., McCook, NE
- Sidney Public Library, 1112 12th Ave., Sidney, NE
- Thomas County Library, 501 Main St., Thedford, NE
- Valentine Public Library, 324 N. Main St., Valentine, NE
- Wayne Public Library, 410 Pearl St. Suite A, Wayne, NE
- Dale Clark Library, 215 S. 15th St., Omaha, NE
Please mail written comments by May 4, 2018, at 11:59 p.m. CT to: Abigail Anderson, Nebraska Department of Economic Development, PO Box 94666, Lincoln, NE 68509-4666, or send via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Comments will be accepted beginning April 3, 2018. Individuals requiring sensory accommodations, including interpreter services, Braille, large print, or recorded materials should contact Abigail Anderson.
Los individuos no hablan Inglés y los individuos con discapacidad podrán solicitar las ayudas y servicios auxiliares necesarios para la participación de contacto con el Departamento de Desarrollo Económico PO Box 94666, Lincoln, Nebraska 68509-4666, o email@example.com.